Most anyone who rides on a Yamaha FJ-09, FZ-09, MT-09 or Tracer 900(GT) knows the seat slopes forward aggressively. The stock seat position pushes you into the tank and on long rides that gets exhausting. This kit fits all Yamaha FJ-09/FZ-09/MT-09/Tracer 900 and GT models from 2015-2020
This setup raises the forward mount of the seat up by ~7mm (Shim+Velcro height) and leaves the rear at the same low setting. This results in a much more neutral riding position with little impact on actual seat height. This will also work with the seat in the upper position as well. All stock mounting hardware is used and is completely reversable with no permanent changes done to the bike.
The setup uses removable pads that go under the front feet of the seat, and a spacer/offset bushings to raise the mount without moving the tank mounting position excessively.
- Front OEM stock and Yamaha Comfort seat for Yamaha FJ-09, FZ-09 (’15-’17) and MT-09, Tracer 900, and 900 GT (’18 – 20) seat. In the upper or lower height position. (for model year 2021+ please look at the Tracer 9 GT Seat Slope Mod)
- Customer feedback and some other testing shows this should work for most aftermarket upgrade seats as long as they use the stock seat base tray (where the fuzzy velcro goes). This is not guaranteed due to the wide variety of aftermarket seats, but customers with ‘Bagster’ brand, and ‘Sargent’ aftermarket seats have had success.
- The shims are made with high temperature industrial grade Carbon Fiber PA12 Nylon. This material is has been tested by me under stress in very harsh desert and winter environments and has shown excellent tolerance to extreme heat and cold.
- The bushings are made with high grade and super soft TPU to ensure the vibration isolation of the tank mounts are maintained. Using lower end plastics or hard bushings would potentially give a harsher ride or more vibration of the tank/seat.
Included with the kit: (Note some pics are from preproduction testing so specs have changed based on the results)
- 2x offset grommets for the rear mount of the fuel tank to the mounting plate, this allows the bracket to be moved upward without changing the tank angle much. Printed in TPU rubber to retain the vibration isolation of the stock setup. The stock spacer/washers slide into the TPU like the original bushings.
- 1x Carbon Fiber Nylon 6mm shim that goes under the seat forward mounting plate.
- 2x Carbon Fiber Nylon 6mm forward seat shim plates. Attached via Industrial Velcro to give the easy ability to remove or change easily. (the shim is closer to 7mm with Velcro accounted for, preloading the front feet of the seat)
- 4x Laser cut Industrial velcro pads included in the package for mounting the foot pads.
Click below for instructions on installing this kit:
JK3D will warranty the Yamaha FJ/FZ/MT/Tracer Seat Slope Mod from breaking or failure for a period if 6 months from date of order. To submit a warranty claim please email email@example.com and include your order number, picture of the damage/issue, and description of the problem and JK3D will get you taken care of! If you have any issues or challenges with this product please email me and we will find a solution!