Custom Powerlet Connector Mount for the Yamaha Tracer 900 and 900 GT Motorcycles for MY’18-20.
This mounts through the wire vent mesh behind the rider, the parts included are the plastic mounting plates to enable proper fitment and a stable mount. This product was designed back in early 2020 for my own 2019 Tracer 900GT and has been used since. The development process was highlighted in this blog post.
Key features of this design:
- Located discretely and has a factory look
- Easy access when getting on or off the bike, and in a good location to not need to be disconnected when getting gas
- Usable with OEM luggage on or off(Aftermarket luggage compatibility not guaranteed), and should not interfere with a passenger
- Downward facing to keep water/debris from getting into the socket when in use or when not in use
Included in the package:
- 1x Front Mount Plate w/ alignment guide in Nylon (Blue and Carbon Fiber loaded Black materials available)
- 1x Rear Mount Plate (Blue and Carbon Fiber loaded Black materials available)
Additional parts required for the full install and not included:
- 20mm+ or 7/8″ drill bit to drill through the wire mesh – don’t go much bigger than 7/8 or 22mm.
- 3mm Hex wrench to loosen the lock plate (small angled one is useful for one of the screws)
- Wrench/Pliers to tighten the nut on the Powerlet
- Powerlet Connector PSO-007 pictured below, PSO-001 will also work but has no wire or boot: Available on Amazon and Ebay. (other powerlets may work as well as long as their threaded base is under 20mm in diameter)
Install Instructions can be found by clicking here (or as always from the support page on this site)
JK3D will warranty the Powerlet Mount from any material or manufacturing defects for a period of 12 months from the order date, if you would like to file a warranty claim please email firstname.lastname@example.org and include your order number, description of the issue, and picture of the defect/failure. This warranty does NOT apply to the motorcycle components, mesh, abuse, or damage caused normal use/wear and tear, but if you have issues please contact me.